Carolyn Weaver has been a free-lance indexer of health, behavioral, and social science materials since 1991. She was a medical librarian for more than 30 years.
- University of Washington Health Sciences Library, Seattle. Associate Director for Administration.
- University of Nebraska Medical Center, McGoogan Library of Medicine, Omaha. MEDLINE/Reference Coordinator, Midcontinental Regional Medical Library Program and UNMC Library; Head, Reference Department; and Associate Director for Public Services.
- The John Crerar Library, Midwest Regional Medical Library Services Division, Chicago, Illinois. MEDLARS Analyst and Regional Reference Librarian.
- Chicago Public Library, Reference librarian.
- University of Nebraska at Omaha. Master of Public Administration.
- MEDLARS analyst/indexer training, National Library of Medicine.
- University of Chicago, M.A. in Library Science.
- Pasadena College, Pasadena, CA. (now Point Loma Nazarene University, Point Loma, CA). B.A. in English. Minor in Psychology.
- American Society for Indexing
President, 20072008; Treasurer, 19982002;
Co-Webmaster, 20042007, 2008
Chair, Training in Indexing Committee, 20102013
Recipient, Theodore C. Hines Award for Exceptional Service to ASI, 2015.
- Medical Library Association
- Pacific Northwest Chapter, ASI
President, 19971998, 2004, 2016.